Monday, June 12, 2006

Tales From the Trail or Toxin Man and Fuchsia Lips



I'm hiking like a fiend in preparation for a big hike later this summer. There are a lot of cool trails in the LA area and you'd never even know it. Check out www.localhikes.com for hikes near you.
Here is a brief log of sites and sounds from my time on the trail.

Hike #1: Lizards. Lots of little harmless lizards.

Hike #2:
Man on Bike stops to point out that I am in need of sunscreen because my arms are red. No dude, it's called circulation. Maybe your heart isn't working but mine is. Jeez!

Snake. Rattlesnake. Coiled - strike position snake.

Need I say more?



Hike #3: Snake. Garden Variety but quite large. Slithering away.



Hike #4:
Polite 'Hello' with woman sporting fuchsia lipstick. I guess it's one way to make sure they find you if you get lost.

Bunnies. Multitudes of rabbits.
One lizard. No snakes.

Second polite hello with man who doesn't like the overcast cool weather. I disagree. He rambles on to say that one must sweat as it releases toxins. I acknowledge this ridiculous notion true or not and he continues to pontificate the release of toxins through sweat but I can no longer hear him as I have bounded on up the trail. Maybe he should bust a move on the trail and he'd be sweating because I am.

The bunny sightings continue.

Fuchsia Lips has not made it up the mountain and I meet her again on the way down. Poor Fuchsia lips.

No comments: