Sunday, April 15, 2007

Flaxey's Number One Fear


You know those lists that rank what people's number one fears are?
Number one was always public speaking and death was second. I am not afraid of either of those things. My number one fear is snakes. It may be irrational but there's just something about them that creeps me out. I think it's the lack of legs because lizards don't bother me.


Well, they aren't scaring me as much anymore although they are still scary, creepy creatures. Yesterday, I had taken a shortcut on my hike and as I was meeting back up with the real trail I looked back and saw a healthly rattler (at least I think it was; I didn't see his tail) basking in the sun. I of course screamed and stepped away but stopped and took a better look and this picture.



I'm fairly certain I'm going to keep meeting them on the trail so I think it's time to learn how to treat a snake bite!

No comments: