Sunday, April 01, 2007

Flaxey Talks to Stangers



Random strangers have been talking to me more and more. It’s not the usual “Do you
have the time?” (Which I don’t because my watch died years ago and I never had it
fixed) or “Do you know how to get to the bus?” or “How do I get to Sunset Boulevard
from here?”
These are all fine and usually easy to answer. But the other day things took a
strange turn, the questions from these haphazards were more personal and it started
in the ladies locker room at the gym.

After properly attiring myself for the workout, I did something I rarely do and
ascended the scale, just to check in. I stepped off and this woman asks me, “Did you
lose weight?” I have to say I was slightly taken aback by this line of questioning.
I shook my head and she said “me either.” I gathered my things and left.
Post-workout, I return for the opposite ritual and as I gather my items from the
locker another arbitrary woman sitting on the bench, strikes up with “How was your
workout?”

I told all of this to my sister and she offered the following pearl;. “Before people
were always asking you for something; what you could do for them. These people are
asking about you and your well-being. It must be a shift in your energy.”

I have to say I completely agree. I have always had a sort of magnetic personality,
(which is evidenced in the long guest list for my upcoming birthday party) if you
will, but there has been a shift in my own perception of myself and that seems to be
echoing out in the world. I have to say I like it.

That’s as deep as we’re going to get today.

I'm also adding a rant about Best Buy. I hate that place. They never have anything! I had a healthy list of things and they did not have a single one. Boo! Best Buy!!!

I leave you with the following music recommendations. The Fratellis – Costello
Music, Silversun Pickups – Carnavas, Daughtry and my girl Jonatha Brooke’s latest –
Careful What You Wish For drops today. I already have it and it’s good. Visit
her site and order it.

(Disclaimer - this entry sucks in the way of pictures, spelling and links, because we are having severe technology issues both at work and at home! And that is ticking me off too!!)

No comments: