Thursday, June 02, 2005

Chugiak - An Epic still Unwritten

A prediction...Like Titanic, Chugiak will one day be a huge commercial success. Today, it remains unwritten and undiscovered. Perhaps in the 2005 graduating class of the Chugiak Mustangs -- some 400 strong today -- lurks one writer with the passion to pen the compelling story set against the Alaska wilderness.

Chugiak, Chugiak, CHUGIAK...

It is with some sense of relief, after reading a number of blogs, that I realize that "content" is really quite a mis-nomer when it comes to blogging. I suppose there may be some jewels, but for the most part bloggers are filling the cyber landfill with their endless prattling and cross-linking.

I've decided to do my fair share and proudly place this entry onto the scrap-heap in cyberspace.

Chu Chu Chugiak.

Next, I feel the need to link to a blog. This normally would help convey some "street cred", although readers will likely see through my intentions. So I picked http://www.feld.com/blog/archives/alaska/index.html to keep the topic related to Alaska. Don't go clicking over to Brad Feld and his Feld Thoughts...he has enough readers. I'm just doing it for the street cred, remember?

To aid the search engine indexing, I'll mention venture capital, Homer, MIT, Boulder, and monetize. (I haven't decided yet if I should ad Google's AdSense, but I definitely want to monetize...that sounds profitable and then I can afford to come to Alaska more often.)

Clearly, I do not yet have my swing down as my name-dropping quotient is well below established bloggers. I don't even know any other bloggers who can mention my blog in their blog. Then I can comment on their link and they can re-comment on mine. It probably takes about 5 or 6 co-conspirators to create a blog buzz. I'll work on that.

I say this... Congratulations Graduates of Chugiak High School Class of 2005.

No comments: